Saturday, February 5, 2011

Acne attack

I've never had really great skin to boost of and I suffered from acne for a long time, especially during my teens. However, my acne problem had diminished somewhat as I entered the workforce. Now, it's back and I'm finding it harder and harder to ignore. Unlike the past where acne attacks would be on my T-zone and my upper back, these days, the attacks have been along my jaw line.

Been cleaning my face and apply pimple gel religiously but nothing seems to be working. So, I'm going to try and change my diet and see if it works. (Hopefully I can keep up with this... I just love to eat too much. This is going to be tough.)

Okay, according to internet checks, the following food items are what I need to avoid:

dairy products including pasteurized milk, cheese, cheddar cheese, goat's milk, cow's milk, margarine, yogurt (curd), cream etc. Other than dairy products following foods have also been reported causing food allergy to different people:

  1. Dairy products
  2. Wheat and wheat products
  3. White flour and refined flour
  4. Red meat (beef, lamb)
  5. Spicy food
  6. Rice
  7. Ready meals
  8. Caffeine
  9. Alcohol
  10. Candy
  11. Chocolate
  12. Eggs
  13. Garlic
  14. Mushroom
  15. Broccoli
  16. Pumpkin
  17. Oyster
  18. Corn
  19. Gluten
  20. Blueberry
  21. Cranberry
  22. Brewer's Yeast
  23. Baker's Yeast
  24. Pineapple
  25. Wheat Bran
  26. Sesame 

Why does it not amaze me that I love to consume close to 90% of the items listed above. OK, next comes the list of stuff I should do:

  1. Drink more water and green tea
  2. Go for colorful fruit and vegetables: Have five daily servings, including red/orange/yellow vegetables and fruits, purple foods, green foods, onions and garlic,and ‘seed’ foods such as peas.
  3. Consume more fiber-rich foods i.e plenty of whole grains, root vegetables, lentils and beans.
  4. Vegetable sources of protein
  5. Less tea and coffee
  6.  Low-fat dairy products
  7. Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Beans, and Pecans
  8. Salmon, Walnuts, Canola Oil, Flax Seed, and Soy Milk 
  9. Whole-wheat Foods, Turkey, Tuna, and Brazil Nuts


I just had omulet rice with mentaiko crema sauce for lunch. Hmm... going to start watching my diet from dinner onwards. Hope I can keep it up for at least 1 week. Going to make a cup of green tea now :)

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! It sounds difficult, knowing how much you like to eat.

    ReplyDelete