Monday, February 28, 2011

Addiction to Bones

I'm an addict.

Why? If you manage to watch 2 whole seasons of Bones over just one weekend, I think it's safe to call it an addiction. It's not ending soon too. There are a total of five complete season so far (season six is still airing), and I'm still far from catching up. Hopefully, I'll be up to speed by next weekend. Really need to slow down my watching. Don't want to end up having to wait ages for a new episode. That will make me sad.

Brennan and Booth

Bones is not a new drama to me. I've heard of it abour 1.5years back when one of my friends got hooked onto it. She was so crazy about it that she used to tell me about the storylines every morning over breakfast. So, when I was watching the show, I could practically hear her voice in my head telling me about the characters and their invidual quirks. It was fun :) Made me feel like my friend was close by despite her being a good 7-hours flight away.

What I like? I love the characters, especially the main female lead - Brennan. She's so brilliant and logical. Strong-willed but passionate. Would love to have the same kind of passion and drive she has for her work. Hopefully, I can achieve this with my next job. Interestingly, my favourite character is Dr Hodgins (He's really cute and has an amazing body!). While I do enjoy watching the growing more-than platonic relationship between the two leads, I'm more interested in the story between Dr Hodgins and his wife, Angela. With every episode, I feel like I'm closer to these two characters and the more I find out about them, the more loveable they are. Also, I really like the relationship they have :) It's soooo sweet. Can't wait to get to season five where the couple will get hitched after spending time in a jail cell together.

Hodgins and Angela in Jail
My all-time favourite couple
Each episode involves a case which is mostly solved within the hour-long episode. This makes it much easier for me because I get closure everytime the episode ends. Much prefer this format compared to the draggy dramas with neverending storylines. Those make me so bored and restless. I also find the script very well-written and well-though out. It's like watching CSI but the characters are funnier and have more diamensions.

What I don't quite like? The gross scenes involving the dismembered body parts, burnt bodies, and endless scary-looking skulls. Sometimes the scenes creep me out and I end up just listening to the dialogue but focusing my attention on someone's online photo albums. Also got to stop watching the drama just before bedtime. Some stories creep me out so badly that I had trouble falling asleep later on because the gross images are stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment