Monday, February 28, 2011

Trash bags, Missing marker pen & School Tap woes

While I'm not a bad fan of Mondays, I aren't usually too affected by Monday Blues. However, this morning has been unfolding rather badly for me.

First, I was bagging my trash from last night's dinner when I realised that the bag was leaking. *ewww* Somehow, I had failed to see that there was a hole in the plastic bag. (I'm attributing it to a lack of caffeine.) Had to clean the floor, plus change my stockings which got stained. Next, I couldn't locate my black marker pen. (In Japan, all our trash bags need to be labelled -- the trash box you are located to, as well as your name. Reason being, if you have bagged your trash incorrectly, the trash guys can return the trash to you so that you can do it properly. When I first arrived, I lived in constant fear every evening when I returned home on Mondays and Thursdays. I was so worried that I had done something wrong and I might see my trash bag sitting in front of my door. *Yucks*) Thankfully, despite my 10-min search for my marker pen (which had fallen and rolled under my fridge), I managed to catch the rubbish truck before it moved off. (Read: Involves running down the stairs and dashing across the carpark like a mad woman.) Third, I go drenched while attempting to wash my hands after using the toilet. At one of my schools, the sinks are located outside and away from the cubicles. I turned on the tap without checking and ended up getting drenched by the gust of water shooting upwards. You see, the mouth of the tap was facing up and not down like usual. It's one of the Japanese quirks to save water. So, when someone like me fails to check, you end up becoming like a wet duck. Being wet when it's three degrees is not fun.

Ahhhh... hope the second half of the day turns out to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment