Monday, February 21, 2011

*ouch* I fell in the snow

21 Feb 11 - Here goes my clean record of no falls in winter.  
smiley faces
Was thinking I would be able to make it through all four months of winter without falling but guess I would just have to attempt this feat again next winter. Looking at how clumsy I usually am, I still think that just one fall is really amazing. Was really worried about falling down and breaking a bone because of the numerous horror stories I have heard from the other senpai ALTs. Well, it's almost the end of February and the snow seems to have stopped. So, my bones should be safe till next year :)

Where and How - I was alighting from my car at the Senhata onsen when I slipped and fell. Somehow, I had managed to park right next to an iced over part of the parking lot and it was so dark that I couldn't tell there was ice on the ground. The minute I stood up from my seat, I just slipped and landed hard on my right side. Thankfully I only escaped with some small cuts on my right hand. Guess, all my winter padding (aka thick clothes and additional fats) really helped to prevent any serious injury. Was happily chatting away with my fellow passenger when I just disappeared from sight and started laughing. Yup, my first reaction to falling down was to laugh. I was laughing so hard that I wasn't able to pick myself up right away. My Japanese friend probably thinks I'm a little strange by now but she's just too nice and polite to say so ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've always said you were strange, weird, silly, clumsy and definitely not normal. You have vehemently disagreed with me all these while. So now, tell me, are you weird, strange, clumsy, silly?

    ReplyDelete