4th Mar 11 - Was on my way to school when my car skidded and I crashed into the metal barrier along the road. Thankfully, despite it being the rush hour, there weren't any cars behind me and the car in front of me was way ahead. It was pretty scary. One moment, I had control of my car and the next moment, I lost it. I tried tapping the brakes but my car didn't slow down. I tried to steer myself away from the barriers but somehow it just made my car go even faster. It wasn't fun at all.
For one, my K-car felt really light when I lost control. I was afraid that it might just flip over like how many K-car horror stories told it. I also wasn't sure how well my car will survive a head-on collision because I know that K-cars are made of softer metal which accounts for its cheaper price tag.
Well...somehow my car made a 180 degree turn (which means I'm facing oncoming traffic) and I managed to stop the car only by crashing into the barrier. The speed wasn't too high so I survived the incident without a scratch. This comes the strange part. I didn't get out to check the damage to my car. Neither did I stop to check that I was okay. First thing I did was to reverse my car and drive off. Why? Because it was an one-way road and an accident would mean I would hog the road and this would result in a traffic line-up. And because this road is like a minor express road, I had to drive for a good 10 minutes before I could exit and turn into a combini to check my car. Even then, after I parked, my first reaction was to dig for my hp and call my school to say that I would be late. Only when my teacher asked about the state of my car and my well-being, did I get off the car to check on it.
Guess my logic flow pattern does seem to be different. Attached my pictures of my car and the accident site. One of my teachers looked at the car and commented that my car looked like it was crying. Rather apt comment :)
| My signal lights left out but they still worked. |
| See the cracks on the bummer :'( and that person in pink is not me. |
| The barrier survived it w/o any battle scars unlike my poor K-car |
| It wasn't even a sharp bend. I just happened to hit an icy patch ;'( |
No comments:
Post a Comment