Saturday, March 26, 2011

Life's returning to normal *kana*

26 Mar 11 - Been a while since I updated my blog. Just been busy I guess. Well... actually more like I was lazy. Took a bunch of photos which I plan to upload eventually and keep thinking that I should update my blog only after I have sorted out my photos. However, I'm extremely horrible when it comes to sorting stuff so I guess the photos will just have to wait.

Had a pretty fun Saturday. Went to Yokote for lunch. Tried the "Yokote Burger", a fairly new joint which opened near the Yokote station. Tried the premium Japanese beef cheeseburger and it was amazing!!!! So amazing that greedy me ordered a second burger. Second time round I had the pork cheeseburger which was tasty but not as good as the beef one. Felt really greedy about eating two burgers at one seating but I was really hungry and I just wanted to treat myself. (Not that I had done anything out of the ordinary for me to wanna pamper myself.) The rest of my company had cakes instead; and those looked amazing too. 

After a satisfying lunch, we went to the AEON in Omagari. It's finally open again!!!! Also, most of the petrol stations are open as well. (Petrol's really expensive though.) While AEON is operating at shorter hours, like all the other shops in town, I do see this as a sign that life is slowly returning to normal. Managed to get all my shopping done too. Was initially planning to drive up to the AEON mall in Akita City instead to get all the necessary stuff for the Sydney wedding. That would have a costly trip because of the amount of petrol I would have to spend to and fro.  Glad I managed to get the dress, the accessories, shoes etc all in a day. Love shopping, especially when I don't have to foot the bill.

Had a lovely dinner with Shiori too at the hamburg place near G.U.  Was fun catching up and the food at that little cafe was simply oishii. Took a stroll back after dinner to walk off my three hamburgers, and that was really enjoyable too. One positive thing from this mini petrol crisis was that I rediscovered my love for walking. Miss all the after dinner strolls I used to have back in Singapore. The good thing about strolling at night here is that the air is really cool so you don't get all hot and sweaty. Also, there are very few cars at night and the street lights are far and few. This way, you get to enjoy fresh crispy air, as well as a quiet stroll under the stars. Simply lovely. Makes you feel much closer to Mother Nature.

(Kana = I think in Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment