27 July 2011 - It's almost been a year since I arrived in the Land of the Rising Sun as an ALT. It's been an exciting year with many new experiences and it's been fun. As we approach August (the month we welcome the newcomers), I've been busy with goodbye parties. While I'm sad to see some of my closest friends here go, I'm also happy to see how excited they are to close their Japan chapter. And, this makes me wonder if my decision to stay on for another year is right.
Staying behind was not an easy decision to make. I have things back home left undone and another year in Japan seems to be a way to escape returning to my "real" life in Singapore. As my parents constantly remind me, I'm not getting any younger and my job hunt in 2012 might be tougher. Similarly, going home means I got to put up with questions about my plans to settle down and bear children. It's annoying how people just keep pushing you to get married because they believe that a woman's value diminishes as she enters the ripe old age of the three-Os.
*sign* I'm whining.... going to leave this post as this. Hope my whining mood passes soon. It's probably all the goodbyes that are making me so grumpy. I'm also a tat worried that I might not be as chummy with the newbies as I was with Katelynn and Alex. I'll be missing them... *sob*
*sign* I'm whining.... going to leave this post as this. Hope my whining mood passes soon. It's probably all the goodbyes that are making me so grumpy. I'm also a tat worried that I might not be as chummy with the newbies as I was with Katelynn and Alex. I'll be missing them... *sob*
I guess now that I have decided to stay, I'll just have to work harder at making my second and last year in Japan an amazing one!
No comments:
Post a Comment